Hymenea courbaril (Fabaceae)
|This low growing herb acts as a bronchial dialator, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, blood and kidney purifier and emmenagogue (stimulates onset of menstruation). It is also believed to help eliminate toxins in the body from food and medication sources.
1oz. Liquid Extract Manayupa: $9.95
1lb. Bulk Herb Cut & Sifted Manayupa: $19.95
Suggested Use: Liquids: Use 15-20 drops mixed with water two to three times daily or as recommended by a practitioner.
Cautions: Use under care/advice of a medical practitioner. Not intended for long term therapy. Not intended for pregnant or nursing women. Keep out of the reach of children.
Ingredients: Extracted in distilled water and 40% organic grain alcohol.
More About Manayupa
1. “Effects of the Extract of Desmodium adscendens on Anaphylaxis.”
Addy, M.E., et al., 1984. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Vol 11 3:282-292 (1984).
2. “Dose-response Effects of Desmodium adscendens Aqueous Extract on Histamine Response.” Content and Anaphylactic Reactions in the Guinea
Addy, M.E., et al., 1986.Pig.” J Ethnopharmacol 18 1: 13-20 (1986).
3. “Effect of Desmodium adscendens Fractions on Antigen- and Arachidonic Acid-induced Contractions of Guinea Pig Airways.”
Addy, M.E., et al., 1987. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 66 6: 820-825 (1987).
4. Dose-response Effects of Desmodium adscendens Aqueous Extract on Antigen- and Arachidonic Acid- induced Contractions of Guinea- pig Airways.
Addy, M.E., et al., 1987. Phytother Res 1 4: 180-186 (1987).
5. “Effect of Desmodium adscendens Fraction F1 (DAFL) on Tone and Agonist-induced Contractions of Guinea Pig Airway Smooth Muscle.” Phytother
Addy, M.E., et al., 1989. Res 3 3:85-90.
6. “Several Chromatography Distinct Fractions of Desmodium adscendens Inhibit Smooth Muscle Contractions.” Int J Crude Res 27 2: 81-91 (1989).
Addy, M.E., et al., 1989. Addy, M.E., et al., 1992. “Some Secondary Plant Metabolites in Desmodioum adscendens and Their Effects on Arachidonic Acid Metabolism.” Prostaglandins Leukotrienes Essential Fatty Acids 47 1: 85-91 (1992)
7. “An Extract of Desmodium adscendens Activates Cyclooxygenase and Increases Prostaglandin Synthesis by Ram Seminal Vesicle Microsomes.”
Addy, M.E., et al., 1995. Phytother Res 9 4: 287-293 (1995)
8. “Plants and Traditional Medicine in Ghana,” Economic and Medicinal Plant Research.
Boye, G &Ampopo, O, 1990. Vol 4, pp 33-34 Academic Press Ltd., Devon, England.
9. “Ethnobotany of the Garifuna of Eastern Nicaragua,”
Brandao, M., et.al., 1996. Economic Botany, Vol 50, 1:71-107 (1996)
10. The Healing Forest. Medicinal and Toxic Plants of the North west Amazonia,
Duke, James & Vasquez, Rudolfo, 1994 Amazonian Ethnobotanical Dictionary, CRC Press Inc.: Boca Raton, FL.R.f. Dioscorides Press: Portland, Oregon.
11. Useful Plants of Amazonian Peru.
Schultes, R.E., an Raffauf, 1990. Vaquez, M.R., 1990 Second Draft. Filed with USDA’s National Agricultural Library, USA.
Disclaimer: Statements on this page have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this publication should not be used as medical advice. Data prvided for research and professional use only.